- This event has passed.
You can now stream the Summit on YouTube
Session 1: Overcoming Obstacles for Applying High Reliability Principles in Healthcare
Session 2: Embracing the Science of Human Factors to Unleash Safety Innovation in Healthcare
Session 3: Patient Advocacy: The Compass for Innovation
Session 4: How Can Regulation Support Quality and Value in Healthcare
Session 5: Healthcare Safety During the Pandemic
Humanitarian Award Recipients
Lewis Blackman Award Recipient
Who Attended the Summit?
Anyone who is passionate about ending preventable patient harm was welcome to attend and found value in the programming. We looked for those who are ready to take action NOW, to save patients tomorrow.
We encouraged global attendance from the following groups:
- Hospital and healthcare organization Board Members
- The C-Suite and Executives who can implement change quickly after the conference ends
- Front line clinicians who are interested in becoming leaders in patient safety
- Patient advocates who can bring their experiences into the chat rooms and inspire change
- Patients and family members affected by medical harm who are interested in being part of a community where we value everyone’s voice
- Insurers who can help healthcare becomes safer and more affordable
- Leaders from the industry – medical device, pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, software and data analytics – who want to innovate to improve patient safety
- Students with an interest in patient safety and quality
The 2019 Summit brought in the greatest percentage of C-Level and Executives to date at 44% of all attendees. We aim for a similar breakdown in 2020.