- This event has passed.
A Patchwork Quilt of Improvement: How Organizational Complexity Compromises Patient Safety
November 11, 2021 @ 8:30 am - 9:30 am PST
Around the World
There’s so much that requires improvement in healthcare but we often pursue these improvements in silos, which results in a ‘patchwork quilt of improvement efforts’. Without coordination of improvement efforts across the system, we will continue to compete for resources and compromise sustainment. Panelists will review the root causes of this problem and propose actionable solutions for healthcare professionals to adopt a holistic, continuous improvement framework.
- Donna Prosser, DNP, RN, NE-BC, FACHE, BCPA, Chief Clinical Officer, Patient Safety Movement Foundation
- Ahmed Almuhanna, MHA, Assistant Director, Quality Management Department, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center
- Jarvis Gray, MHA, FACHE, CMQ-OE, CLSSMBB, PMP, Founder and CEO of The Quality Coaching Co.
- Lydia Albuquerque, DNP, RN, ACNP-BC, CCRN, Assistant Professor, William Paterson University, President, National Association of Indian Nurses of America
- Carol Gunn, MD, Internal and Occupational Medicine Physician and Family Member of a Harmed Patient