- This event has passed.
Highly Reliable Safety Interventions for Anesthesia Medication Administration
August 25, 2021 @ 7:30 am - 8:30 am PDT
Experts from around the world will discuss highly reliable safety interventions for anesthesia medication administration in relation to pharmacopeia best practice initiatives, ongoing educational awareness, and team workflow. The group will discuss the challenges associated with implementation of best practice standards reliably within an organization, with particular focus on human factors and the psychology of change. The group will explore recommendations for anesthesia professionals to rapidly adapt to system-wide medication safety requirements.
- David Koontz, APRN, CRNA, MSN, BSN, Doctoral Student, University of Central Florida
- Michael Dejos, PharmD, BCPS, CHOP, LSSBB, DPLA, System Medication Safety Officer, Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, US
- Samar Khaled Hassan, RPh., MS.Q, CPHQ, FISQua, Senior Officer, Accreditation Department, Health Care Accreditation Council; Fellow, Patient Safety Movement Foundation, Jordan
- Jannicke Mellin-Olsen, MD, DPH, Immediate Past President, World Federation of Societies of Anaesthesiologists; Board of Directors Member, Patient Safety Movement Foundation, Norway
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™, ANCC contact hours, and ACPE contact hours. Respiratory therapists may be able to apply the continuing education credit for this webinar towards their state requirement. Please check with the Respiratory Therapist State Licensure Contacts.
- 1 CE offered for Certified Professionals in Patient Safety (CPPS).
- By attending this webinar, participants may earn up to 1 ACHE Qualified Education Hours toward initial certification or recertification of the Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (FACHE) designation.
- 1 CE offered for Certified Professionals in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ).