December: Performance Improvement Workshop
December 16 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm HKT
Around the World
This interactive, virtual workshop breaks down the principles of performance improvement into ten simple steps. Industry experts share knowledge, advice and tips to manage the typical barriers that most healthcare organizations face when implementing new care workflows, systems and processes to enhance patient safety. Our interactive exercises allow participants to apply what they have learned real-time by walking through an actual PDSA.
Clinicians, administrators, those new to quality and safety roles, or anyone else in healthcare who is interested in better understanding improvement science and enhancing project management skills will find value in this program. The workshop is offered multiple times per year at various times, to ensure that everyone from across the globe has the opportunity to attend.
Participants will also receive the PSMF Performance Improvement Toolkit and downloadable resources that can be applied to future improvement work in their organizations.
The 4.5 hour Leadership Development workshop will offer 4.0 hours of continuing education (CE) credit for physicians (CME), nurses (CNE), pharmacists (CPE), healthcare executives (ACHE), and certified professionals in patient safety (CPPS).
- Describe the typical challenges experienced by healthcare leaders in creating a culture of safety.
- Evaluate the characteristics of effective leadership.
- Examine the relationship between “just” culture and accountability.
- Analyze the impact that a thorough understanding of human factors can have on leadership success.
- Design creative communication channels and methods.
- Develop effective cost-benefit analysis skills for informed decision-making.