The Patient Safety Movement Foundation (PSMF) announced today that 19 hospitals and healthcare organizations in Taiwan have signed a commitment to implement processes to eliminate preventable patient deaths. The commitments were announced in Taichung City, Taiwan in June 2017. The Respiratory Therapists Society of the Republic of China also joined the PSMF as a committed partner. These commitments mark a major milestone in the PSMF’s continuing efforts to expand awareness and commitments to action toward protecting patient safety internationally.
The 19 Taiwanese healthcare providers, including some of the country’s top hospitals, have so far made over 20 separate commitments to implement processes such as the PSMF’s Actionable Patient Safety Solutions (APSS). In March 2017, Dr. Chan-Liao became one of the PSMF’s Regional Network Chairs, heading patient safety efforts in Taiwan. He is Chairman of Jen Ai Foundation, Vice President of Jen Ai Hospital and founder of Taiwan Patient Safety Culture Club (TPSCC). He has devoted the past decade to improving patient safety across Taiwan and beyond.
“We are excited to see these commitments from Taiwan. Their commitment to zero preventable deaths is expected to save more than 1,600 lives each year,” said Joe Kiani, Founder of the Patient Safety Movement Foundation. “The movement to protect patients from fatal, unintended harm is an international concern that demands a global effort. Patient Safety is a human right.”
“I am proud of how many of my fellow colleagues across the Taiwanese medical community have stepped up to join me in this effort to reach zero preventable deaths,” said Dr. Chan-Liao Mingi, PSMF’s Regional Network Chair, Chairmen of Jen Ai Foundation, VP of Jen Ai Hospital and founder of TPSCC. “My work with the Patient Safety Movement Foundation has enabled me to expedite our patient safety efforts in Taiwan. I am confident that more and more hospitals will come forward to commit to zero in the coming months. Together, we will save thousands of lives.”
To date, the following 19 hospitals and organizations in Taiwan have committed to one or more APSS. To view each commitment, please visit https://psmf.org/partners/view-all-commitments/.
- Chang Bing Show Chwan Memorial Hospital
- Changhua Christian Hospital
- Cheng Ching General Hospital Chung Kang Branch
- Chung Shan Medical University Hospital
- Chi Mei Medical Center
- Chia-Yi Hospital, Ministry of Health and Welfare
- E-DA Healthcare Group
- Ditmanson Medical Foundation Chia-Yi Christian Hospital
- Feng Yuan Hospital, Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Jen Ai Hospital, Dali Branch
- Kaohsiung Veterans General Hospital
- Kuang Tien General Hospital
- Lo-Sheng Sanatorium and Hospital, Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Miaoli General Hospital, Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Nantou Hospital Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Show Chwan Memorial Hospital
- Taichung Veterans General Hospital
- Taichung Hospital, Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Taipei Municipal Wanfang Hospital