Partners are the Patient Safety Movement Foundation’s collective body of like-minded visionary leaders that enable us to turn words into action. Partners make our goal of reaching ZERO preventable patient harm and death across the globe by 2030 achievable.
Make a Commitment to ZERO
Hospitals and healthcare organizations have the opportunity to positively impact patient safety by making a commitment to ZERO.
What does it mean to make a Commitment to ZERO?
Rather than targeting individual diseases or populations for improvement projects, true progress demands building a solid foundation of reliability first. By making a commitment to ZERO, your organization is committed to implementing and sustaining a foundation for safety and reliability that includes three critical components:
- A Person-Centered Culture of Safety
- A Holistic, Continuous Improvement Framework
- An Effective Model for Sustainment
We believe without a commitment to these three critical components, ZERO cannot be achieved.
But my hospital is already doing everything to build and sustain a foundation for safety and reliability. Why make a Commitment?
We thank you for all that you do to improve patient safety in your organization. The Patient Safety Movement Foundation would you like to first, make a public commitment. What is measured improves but what is measured publicly improves faster! Second, share your successes with our network of committed organizations who, just like you, strive to take ACTION, saving lives each and every day.
If your healthcare organization is already doing the work, please share it with us! We’d love to know how you are implementing and sustaining a foundation for safety and reliability that includes each of these three components.
During our 2012-2020 initiative, committed hospitals within the PSMF’s network cumulatively saved 366,353 lives through their commitments to improve patient safety.
I already made a Commitment. Why am I being asked to make another Commitment?
We thank you for making a commitment to improve safety and save lives. Since our start in 2012, committed hospitals in our network have cumulatively saved 366,353 lives– an incredible feat! Your prior commitments around one or multiple of our Actionable Patient Safety Solutions (APSS) can still be viewed under our prior 2012-2020 initiatives page.
As we move into 2020, the PSMF has revised our vision and mission to achieve ZERO preventable patient harm and death across the globe by 2030! People are still dying preventably in hospitals in ways that could have been prevented. It’s time for a different approach.
We want to take it a step further and help healthcare organizations build and sustain a foundation for safety by expanding our APSS to include not only the evidence-based, best practice summaries from our past, but also solutions to help organizations integrate them into existing processes.
Please visit our clinical pages here for more information.
What information will you ask me to share?
By publicly committing to ZERO, the Patient Safety Movement Foundation will ask that you provide information around what your organization is doing around each of the three critical components. The PSMF will ask you to come back and report data around your last performance year, such as your never event and serious safety event rates. We will announce our reporting period soon. Stay tuned!
How frequently will I be contacted for updates to my commitment?
The Patient Safety Movement Foundation will contact you on an annual basis when it’s time to report data around your last performance year. For those of you who committed under our 2012-2020 initiative, this process is slightly different. You won’t be reporting anytime throughout the year. We will have a designated reporting period, to be confirmed, when reports will be due from all committed organizations across the world. Stay tuned!
Is there a cost to make a Commitment?
No, making a commitment is free.
What are the benefits of becoming a partner by making a Commitment?
By committing publicly, you will not only help your organization reach ZERO, but also encourage others to do the same, serving as an example of an organization that prioritizes patient safety.
- Free access to the PSMF’s virtual coaching and consulting sessions led by our Clinical Team to provide individualized feedback on improving your performance improvement projects.
- Strategize, learn, and contribute to high-level roundtable discussions among patient safety frontrunners via a private discussion board.
- Press release tools and templates to announce your affiliation with the PSMF through the media and your website.
- Certificates to showcase your commitment to ZERO.
- Discounted admission to attend the PSMF’s annual World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit as well as an invitation to the chairman’s private reception hosted by Founder, Joe Kiani.
- Chance to share your commitment on-stage at the World Patient Safety, Science & Technology Summit. Please note the PSMF selects a number of Partners for this opportunity.
To make a Commitment:
- Click here to create an account as a “Healthcare Professional.”
- Please note- If you have already registered as a HCP via our website, you can use this same account to make a commitment.
- After you create an account, you will be redirected to your dashboard. Once you are in the dashboard, please select “Make a Commitment” and complete the commitment form.
- You will also receive an email with your username, password and link to your dashboard for future use. You can sign in using that email or you can click Login in the top menu.