- This event has passed.
Family Caregivers: Caring for Yourself and Your Loved One Webinar
March 19 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am PDT
Sarah Miller, Director of Partnerships, Patient Safety Movement Foundation is joined by a panel of four brave advocates who all have their own personal stories to share around family caregiving. Throughout this webinar, Moderator Carole Hemmelgarn walks us through the Caregiver Bill of Rights and useful resources for family caregivers. Our panelists discuss the benefits, experiences and challenges of caregiving, the signs of stress and burnout, and what it takes to remain healthy during and after your role as a family caregiver.
• Differentiate “family caregiver” from other members of the healthcare team
• Discuss the benefits, experiences, and challenges of caregiving
• Understand the signs of stress and burnout, and how it impacts overall health
• Recognize the psychological changes that transpire when one is no longer a caregiver
• Identify actions that caregivers can take to remain healthy
Moderator: Carole Hemmelgarn, MS, Patient Advocate, Patient Safety Movement Foundation
Speakers: Steven Coffee, Chief, Joint Military Personnel and Senior Leader Management Division at Headquarters U.S. Cyber Command
Alyssa Caban, Patient Advocate, Patient Safety Movement Foundation
Teresa Gentry, Patient Advocate, Patient Safety Movement Foundation