Updated January 17, 2018
Website Privacy Statement for The Patient Safety Movement Foundation (PSMF) – U.S. only
The Patient Safety Movement Foundation (PSMF) welcomes all its visitors who agree to the terms of the Website Privacy Statement. This Statement addresses website privacy for those accessing this website from the United States; for those accessing from the European Union, click here.
The PSMF is committed to safeguarding the privacy of its visitors. Information provided by our visitors, or that derived from internal Web tracking, is only shared with third parties as described below.
The PSMF collects the following information:
- Website visitors: IP addresses, Internet service provider, pages visited, country of origin, length of visit, and files downloaded.
- Donors: Name, address, phone number, email address, and payment information.
- Event attendees: Name, address, phone number, and email address.
Information Supplied by Visitors
Visitors may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information before accessing specific pages on our website, or as a requirement to receive certain information by mail or email. This information may be used by us to contact visitors directly in order to respond to requests; however, visitors may opt out of any of our direct marketing activities at any time.
Sharing Your Personal Information
The PMSF will not provide visitors’ personal information to any third party except as follows:
- Website traffic analysis. We may use service providers, such as Web traffic consultants, to carry out certain activities on our behalf. They may be granted access to the personal information necessary to enable them to do their job, but will not use or disclose the information for any other purpose.
- Donation Processing. The PSMF website includes secure online donation pages, which ask for personal information. All credit card transactions are managed by an external service with its own secure site and privacy statement, which is accessible from the service’s online donation page.
- Event management. We may use event management vendors to assist with promoting or planning events. We may share your personal information in order to complete registrations, provide event information, share event materials, or promote event-related activities, or we may ask you to provide your personal information to them directly.
In any other case where The PMSF seeks to share personal information, we will do only with visitor consent. We also reserve the right to disclose specific information when we determine that such disclosure is necessary to comply with the law or to protect the interests or safety of The PSMF, our visitors, or others.
Links to external websites included in The PSMF website are provided for the convenience of visitors. The PSMF is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of external websites, and any information provided by visitors to external sites is not subject to this Privacy Statement. The PSMF welcomes comments or complaints about external links accessed from our site: email@example.com.
The PSMF treats visitors’ personal information as an asset that must be protected against loss and unauthorized access. This website has information security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We restrict access to our data center and servers to authorized personnel and limit access to personal information to those employees who have a legitimate business need to access such information. Despite these security measures, we do not represent or warrant that personal information will be protected against loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties.
Revisions to The PSMF Website Privacy Statement may be made at any time and posted on the website. Visitors’ use of the website constitutes acceptance of the provisions of this Website Privacy Statement and continued usage after such changes are posted constitutes acceptance of each revised Website Privacy Statement. Visitors who do not agree to the terms of the Website Privacy Statement, or any revised statement, are asked to exit the website immediately.
If you have any questions about this Website Privacy Statement, your personal information, the practices of this website, or your interaction with this website, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.