We will all become patients!
Your actions support safe care, everywhere for everyone. By choosing one of these activities, or creating something unique, you are joining millions of people who are uniting for safe care on and around World Patient Safety Day, in support of this campaign. If you select one or more options below we will list you as a supporter on uniteforpatientsafety.org, the landing page for the PSMF’s campaign.
All of the options below have no cost. Please feel free to be creative:
- Light up a building/statue orange on the eve of World Patient Safety Day
- In order to maximize visibility, we encourage you to light up the week leading up and including World Patient Safety Day (Monday, September 14 through Thursday, September 17th). Share pictures with us via social media or through our website.
- Wear orange on World Patient Safety Day, or buy one of our campaign t-shirts here
- Encourage my organization to join Charity Miles (mobile app) to help raise awareness about patient and health worker safety, while they exercise.
- Engage social media activities around #uniteforsafecare to help spread awareness to the public about patient and health worker safety
- Translate the #hashtag to your own language, for example: #úneteporuncuidadoseguro in Spanish and #unispourlasécuritédessoins in French!
- Encourage attendance of the virtual #uniteforsafecare event the PSMF is hosting from 5-8pm ET
- Host a satellite event (download our guide here) and share the details w/ PSMF so they can list the activities on our Global Events calendar
- Organize a socially-distanced walk in your community or within your company/hospital during your lunch hour